St. Petersburg Dog Bite Attorneys
The St. Petersburg dog bite attorneys of Salter, Healy, Bassett & Rivera understand that dog bites are a matter of owner carelessness and can be avoided. Dog owners have a duty to control their pets. When a dog bites you, you deserve compensation for the medical costs and the suffering you endure. With nearly 30 years of combined legal experience, our lawyers care about giving you personal attention throughout your case to achieve a positive case result. We make ourselves accessible all day, every day through our off-hours phone line to best serve you.
A dog bite can have many ramifications for the victim and the dog owner. In Florida, a dog owner is automatically responsible or strictly liable for the damages caused when their dog bites someone.
Some of the factors that go into determining liability include:
- The owner’s history with animals
- The dog’s own history
- The care provided to the dog
- The victim’s history with animals
- The circumstances surrounding this particular incident
As your dog bite lawyer, we work hard to compile evidence that proves the owner’s liability and fight to obtain fair compensation for your injury.
We understand that you need money to pay for extensive medical bills resulting from the attack. Throughout your case, we leverage the evidence we collect and go to court if necessary to obtain results such as:
- Coverage for medical costs. Dog bites can do some significant damage, especially if on the face. We secure coverage for your medical bills to relieve your financial strain.
- Loss of wages. To compensate you for the time you miss from work, we seek damages to cover your lost wages and earning capacity.
- Pain and suffering. Dog bites can cause significant emotional trauma. We obtain damages to compensate you for your pain and suffering.
Contact Our St. Petersburg Dog Bite Attorneys Today
When you suffer a dog bite, don’t be discouraged by the cost of medical bills or legal fees — you won’t have to pay us any fees or costs unless you obtain a recovery which is perfect. Call our St. Petersburg dog bite attorneys today or contact us online to schedule a free consultation to discuss your injury. If you cannot make it to our office, we will come to you. We provide personal, caring attention to you throughout your case and use our experience as civil trial attorneys to get you the result you’re looking for.