Drunk Driving Police Investigation

Were you seriously injured in a crash and are waiting for the drunk driving police investigation to finish? Call our office to start your injury claim.

Read Our FREE Car Accident Guide


Do I have to wait for the police investigation to finish before starting a civil case?


I recently had a potential client ask me, “If someone has an accident with a drunk driver, and the criminal investigation is still ongoing for that drunk driver, do we have to wait until there’s some resolution of the criminal case before we can bring a civil case?” Drunk Driving Police Investigation The answer is no, you don’t have to wait. There are certain advantages to getting a criminal conviction for a DUI that can be used in the civil case, but there’s nothing that says you can’t start looking into damages and injuries, medical treatment that’s needed, and gathering information. Well ask questions like, “What insurance information is there? What are the facts of the accident? Did they have a breathalyzer done?” All of those things are information that we can start working on gathering, even before the criminal case, and we’re here to help you do that if we need to.

Were you or a loved one seriously injured by a drunk driver and have questions about DUI police investigations?
Contact our experienced St. Petersburg DUI accident attorneys at Salter, Healy, Rivera today for a free consultation and case evaluation.
Let our experience work for you.

Like Us on Facebook

Out of Town Resources:

This Buffalo DWI Lawyer has done a great job creating educational content. If you need help with a DWI claim in Buffalo, we recommend you take a look at their website.