Car Accident Lawyers St. Petersburg, Florida
Florida personal injury firm putting courtroom experience to work for you
When you suffer an injury in a car accident, you most likely feel overwhelmed at the prospect of paying for your medical care and vehicle repairs. The St. Petersburg attorneys at Salter, Healy, Bassett & Rivera assist you in these matters, using negotiation and litigation to pursue compensation that covers your costs. With nearly 30 years of combined legal experience, we have a well-earned reputation for caring about our clients and providing them with personal attention at all times. Our seasoned trial attorneys work to get you justice so that you can work on healing and getting on with your life.
Serious injuries demand serious representation
Car accidents can have severe consequences that lead to disputes with insurance agencies over medical coverage. When your insurance company abandons you, our auto accident lawyers work diligently on your behalf to help alleviate your suffering from the following common injuries sustained in car accidents:
- Severe brain trauma
- Back and spinal injuries
- Neck injuries
If you have suffered an injury, you may be entitled to compensation. Our St. Petersburg attorneys have a passion for law and are eager to fight for you against the insurance companies.
Dealing with Florida insurance companies
Florida operates under a no-fault insurance system. This means that drivers are typically compensated by their own insurance company after an accident. Your personal injury protection (PIP) benefits cover your medical costs and certain other expenses, but if your injuries are severe enough to be considered permanent, you may be able to bring a lawsuit against another driver or their insurance company. Without an attorney, it can be difficult to stand up to an insurance company and prove your case. Never speak to an insurance adjuster without consulting your attorney first.
Getting compensation for your injuries
Our attorneys work to get you the damages available under the law. Whether at settlement negotiations or at trial, we help you recover compensation for:
- Medical coverage. We pursue damages for medical bills and for any rehabilitation that you need.
- Vehicle repairs. If your vehicle is salvageable, we seek coverage for the repairs it needs. We also help you secure a rental car while your vehicle is being repaired.
- Pain and suffering. Car accidents can cause significant emotional trauma. We seek damages to compensate you for your pain and suffering.
- Punitive damages. If your accident was caused by a drunk driver or someone on drugs, we ask the court for punitive damages to punish the person for their actions.
- Loss of wages. To compensate you for the time you miss from work, we seek damages to cover your lost wages and earning capacity.
Get help from an experienced Florida car accident lawyer today
At Salter, Healy, Bassett & Rivera, we commit ourselves to providing outstanding legal assistance to accident victims. Our St. Petersburg trial lawyers do whatever it takes to get you justice. Call us at 727.321.HELP (4357) or contact us online to schedule a free consultation to discuss your case. If you can’t make it to our offices, we will come to you.